Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to HOMECARE SERVICES via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
HOLME MANOR CARE HOME, WE OR US
HOLME MANOR CARE HOME, based in England and Wales at Holme Lane, Rossendale, BB4 6JB.
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by HOLME MANOR CARE HOME. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to HOLME MANOR CARE HOME and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, http://www.holmemanor.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- a. Name
- b. Date of Birth;
- c. Gender;
- d. Job Title;
- e. Profession;
- f. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- g. Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- h. Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- i. IP address (automatically collected);
- j. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- k. Operating system (automatically collected);
- l. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- m. House entry instructions
- n. General conditions
- o. Favourite activities
- p. Pets at home
- q. Footwear allowed in the home
- r. Transportation preferences
- s. Diet
- t. Smoking
- u. Emergency information
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, HOLME MANOR CARE HOME. is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- a. internal record keeping;
- b. improvement of our products / services;
- c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
10. HOLME MANOR CARE HOME may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
21. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by HOLME MANOR CARE HOME (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £20.
22. Data security is of great importance to HOLME MANOR CARE HOME and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
23. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
24. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling HOLME MANOR CARE HOME. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
28. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact HOLME MANOR CARE HOME by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
21 May 2018